Over the past five years, Create Calm has had the honor of helping hundreds of clients achieve a sense of serenity in their homes and offices. Along the way, we’ve learned a thing…or five! In honor of each year we’ve been in business, here are five takeaways that ring true for every client:
- Your Environment Matters. A lot. Many people are not aware of the fact that our physical environment impacts our wellness. When we are surrounded by stacks of paper, piles of dishes or laundry – too much of just about anything – it is very difficult to feel calm and respond to life in a thoughtful manner. Physical clutter can cause mental clutter, and mental clutter causes stress. Chronic stress alters your hormone levels, affects your heart and brain, can disrupt your sleep, impact your energy levels and cause you to age prematurely. By taking the time to create a calm environment, you are also taking steps to improve your health!
- Being Organized is a Habit. There is no shortage of “before and after” photos on social media, or TV shows that makeover a space in a weekend. While transformations are super fun, maintaining an organized space is a different story. At Create Calm, we teach our clients strategies so that you can successfully maintain your newly organized space. True organization is a result of tiny habits that take place all day long, every day. It takes practice, so be kind to yourself and embrace a growth mindset. Being organized does not happen overnight. The good news is that with a little practice, anyone can become organized!
- Less IS More. We all know the saying, but believe me, it’s true! Less “stuff” means there is less to clean/maintain. It also means you have more time – and money – to do what you love!
- Organization Looks Different for Everyone. There is no ‘wrong’ way to organize a space. The only ‘right’ way is the one that works best for you. You are much more likely to maintain an organizational system if it makes sense to your brain.
- It’s Okay To Ask For Help. We’ve all experienced times in our life when the load is just too big to carry alone. Sometimes we just need a little help, and that’s okay. Sometimes we know what we need to do, but don’t know how to do it. There is no shame in asking for help. Embrace a beginners mindset, and reach out to someone you trust. Maybe that’s a friend, maybe a Professional Organizer. Listen to your instincts about what is right for you!
From the bottom of our hearts, Create Calm thanks each and every client we have served over the past five years. It is our hope that you will share what you have learned with those around you, so that others can experience the many benefits of a calm environment and improve their overall wellness.